Tuesday, May 4, 2010

La Sharm, Dearbon and Canton, MI


La Sharm, having two locations in Dearborn and in Canton, is an authentic Arabic restaurant. The restaurant supplies an authentic Arabic atmosphere with its dark stone flooring, light colored walls, and hanging floral arrangements. The Arabic-styled brick oven, which is used to make fresh pita bread, also adds to the authentic Arabic feel. The food, too, was very authentic and very good.
My cousin and his wife invited me to La Sharm one weekend for two reasons: one, the food was excellent and two, I had never eaten Arabic food before. I walked into the restaurant having no clue what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. Pita bread and hommous were brought to our table as well as a plate of tabouli and baba ganoush. My cousin ordered for me a platter that included chicken, beef, and kafta all served over rice and grilled vegetables. The kafta, or lamb, was my personal favorite. There was no doubt that the platter could feed at least two people, but it was nice to enjoy a restaurant that gave generous portions instead of stingy portions.
I do not think I can speak of the waitstaff as highly as I can of their food. Although they weren't bad, they weren't excellent either. We had to ask multiple times for things like water, pita bread, or even silverware, but other than that, the food and check were on our table in good time.
Having only been to La Sharm once and only trying one dish, I am excited to go back in order to try their other dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment